Kharta Valley Everest Base Camp Trek
The Kharta Valley Trek is a challenging yet rewarding.
The Kharta Valley Trek is a challenging yet rewarding; the journey will lead you through miles of steep valleys, high passes, and gorgeous glacial lakes. Trekkers witness some of the most spectacular Himalayan scenery on the earth. The highlight of the trip for many is the remote Kangshung valley, often referred to as the valley of flowers. Lingam La at the height of 5320 meters is the highest point encountered on this amazing trek.
The view from this point on a clear day is unparalleled in its beauty. Dozens of vast snow peaks are visible including Makalu, Lhotse Shar, Lhotse and Mount Everest towards the south. We visit the Everest base camp on our way back to Lhasa.
Kharta Valley Everest Base Camp Trek Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrive Lhasa (3660m)
- Day 02: Sightseeing in Lhasa
- Day 03: Sightseeing in Lhasa
- Day 04: Free day in Lhasa for acclimatization
- Day 05: Drive to Gyantse (3950m) 261 km
- Day 06: Sightseeing & drive to Shigatse (3900m) 90km
- Day 07: Sightseeing & drive to Shegar (4050m) 244km.
- Day 08: Drive to Kharta (3690m)
- Day 09: Rest day in Kharta for further acclimatization
- Day 10: Trek to Lhundrubling (3990m)
- Day 11: Cross Shao La (4970m) & trek to Kaamo Tsangpo valley
- Day 12: Trek to Khangsung valley (4300 m)
- Day 13: Trek to Pethang Ringmo (4960m)
- Day 14: Pethang Ringmo to Hoppo [4800 metres]
- Day 15: Trek to Kangshung base camp [5090 metres]
- Day 16: Trek to Base of Langma La (4800m)
- Day 17: Cross Langma La [5390m] & trek to Lundrubling
- Day 18: Trek to Kharta (3690m)
- Day 19: Drive to Rongbuk (5000m), trek to Everest North face base camp (5150m)
- Day 20: Drive to Nyalam
- Day 21: Drive to Kathmandu
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Kharta Valley Everest Base Camp Trek Cost Includes
- 12 nights accommodation in Tibet using guesthouse /camp.
- Tibet Visa & Permit Fee [ Normal ].
- Yaks & Yak Men for luggage during Kailash Parikrama.
- Ground transfers in Tibet using Toyota Land Cruisers or bus as applicable.
- Services of English speaking guide in Tibet .
- Services of our trekking equipment and Sherpa staff.
- All Trekking & camping equipment including Gyamo Bags, Sleeping bags and oxygen cylinders.
Kharta Valley Everest Base Camp Trek Cost Excludes
- using extra nights in lodge (except the mentioned on itinerary).
- Yak/porter for personal using
- Rescue/ evacuation or all the extra cost because of partition from the main group or serious health condition.
- Flight or any costs TO or FROM Kathmandu from your destination/ home town.
- No cost is including for those who separate from the main group
Kharta Valley Everest Base Camp Trek Departures Spring/Autumn 2022/2023
Kharta Valley EBC Trek Cost Facts
- The above trekking Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This trek can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The trek Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Trekking Cost also affect the number of guides and porters.
- For these reasons the same trek can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Kharta Valley EBC Trek.
Aww, There are no trip dates for this product! May be this product runs round the year, Please contact us for the schedule. Thank you.
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Kharta Velly Information
Mount Kailash is a peak in the Kailas Range (Gangdisê Mountains), which forms part of the Transhimalaya in Tibet. It lies near the source of some of the longest rivers in Asia: the Indus River, the Sutlej River (a major tributary of the Indus River), the Brahmaputra River, and the Karnali River (a tributary of the River Ganga). It is considered a sacred place in four religions: Bön, Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism. The mountain lies near Lake Manasarovar and Lake.
Kharta is a region in Tibet lying to the east of Mount Everest and centred on the Kharta valley and Kama valley.[note 2] The 40-kilometre (25 mi) Kharta valley starts at the col at Lhakpa La at the head of the Kharta Glacier from which the Kharta Chu river flows east to join the Phung Chu just beyond Khata village. Nearby to the south, the Kama valley starts at the Kangshung Glacier at the foot of Everest's Kangshung Face, and the Kama Chu flows southeast to the Phung Chu. The 1921 British Mount Everest reconnaissance expedition discovered Kharta when reconnoitring ways to climb Mount Everest and managed to reach the North Col via the Lhakpa La. Since that time Kharta has not been used as a way to approach the summit of Everest but the two valleys have become a popular area for trekking.
Trekking in Kharta Valley
The Kharta and Kama valleys are within the Qomolangma National Nature Preserve and provide a quieter area for trekking than Everest Base Camp in the Rongbuk valley. The Kama valley and the Kangshung Face tend to be the focus of the treks but the approach is from the Kharta valley which is returned to after a round tour. Many organisations offer trekking holidays and these are often part bookings on a larger organised expedition. A track passable by four-wheeled drives leaves the Friendship Highway at Tingri from where tickets are available for the guarded Nature Preserve. The track leads to the village of Kharta. The trek may either be by backpacking or after hiring yaks at the village. A route typically taken (see map) goes up the valley via Yuluk and Yulba and then heads south over Shao La and descends to Kama Chu. The trail ascends the Kama valley with Chomolonzo and Makalu to the south and eventually reaching the Kangshung Glacer to see the Kangshung Face – the glacier has retreated considerably since the 1921 expedition. The return is made over Langma La back to Kharta Chu and then, passing through Lhundrubling, heads eastwards to the start. A local guide is essential (required by the authorities except for organised tours) and the journey on foot or yak takes about 10 days. (Source: Wekipedia)
A proper VISA to enter and stay in Nepal is a must. There are reported cases when travelers are advised non-requirement of Nepal VISA by their travel agents. Practically every foreign national requires VISA to enter these countries. Do not encourage beggars. Don't trust strangers with money. Trust your hotel, but not people you may bump into on the streets. It is advisable to cover yourself with travel insurance for thefts, loss and medi-claim. Carry proper maps of the places proposed to visit in Nepal, as signboards are often absent. Try to reach a station during daytime if traveling on your own. In any case avoid persistent touts and taxi-drivers at airport/stations/bus stand to help you find your hotel. Always use tourist assistance desk for proper advice. Women traveling alone in certain deserted places should avoid walking at odd hours. While changing money, insist on getting encashment certificate. Do not checkout of the hotel in hurry. While checking out it has been noticed in some hotels, the extras are unreasonably charged which the guest hurriedly pays without cross-checking. Do not leave your cash and valuables in your hotel rooms. Keep your cash divided in different pockets. Take care of proper disposal of your rubbish always whether you are exploring Cities, Himalayas or anywhere else. Always use strong suitcases/baggage, as mishandling is common at airports/stations. Don't tip unreasonably and unnecessarily in a hotel. The NEWS soon spreads in the hotel and by the time you checkout there will be a group of them saluting you to expect something. Most of the monuments give very good discount for students from all over the world. They must carry there valid school identity card.
All Inclusive Price
US$ 0.00 Per/person
Please inquiry for group discount. Group Discount [+]
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Key Facts Tibet Kharta Valley Trek
Trekking, camping, sightseeing
- Maximum Altitude
- Trek Difficulty
Relatively low altitude and moderate level trek, crossing passes of not more than 4500m and usually 5-6 hrs walking daily.Moderate
Tibet Kharta Valley Trek Location Map
Location map of Tibet Kharta Valley Trek
Similar Tibet Tours/Trekking