- Visit the amazing wonderland of kathmandu valley world heritage sites and beautiful Hill stop Nagarkot.
- Visit the most beautiful and the spiritual heartland of Bhutan- Bumthang Valley excursion
- Experience and visit Western regions of Thimphu, Paro and Punakha
- Tiger's Nest/Taktsang Monastery. Hanging onto a precarious almost vertical mountain cliff, it's a spectacular sight in terms of location, setting and history and is one of the holiest sites in the Buddhist arena.
- Visit Dochula Pass and enjoy the spectacular panoramic view of the Himalayas
- Visit Tashi Chodzong or the fortress of the Auspicious Religion the office of the Dragon King of Bhutan
Our Highlights Tour of Bhutan is is a perfect introduction to this fascinating country where you have time to explore Paro, Thimphu and Punakha. There are superb views of the Himalaya from Druk Air flight to and from Paro and also on a clear day from Dochu La pass between Thimphu and Punakha.
We have arranged for all of our fixed date departures to coincide with one of the main festivals (Tsechus) in Bhutan. Tsechus are annual religious Bhutanese festivals of Drukpa Buddhism held in each district or dzongkhag of Bhutan. Please download Trip Dossier for details of which tsechus are taking place for each departure. Throughout this itinerary you stay at mid-level hotels classified as three star. There is no day to day trekking in this itinerary however there are opportunities for day walks while in Paro, Thimphu and Punakha. You have the option to join one of our fixed date departures or to have a private tour tailored to dates that suit you.
Tibet Overland Tour Detail Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu, Transfer to Hotel
Your first glimpse of Nepal.
Arrival in Kathmandu and welcome by flowers garlands and transfer to Hotel. Short briefing about Tour and Evening welcome dinner in Typical Nepali Restaurant. Overnight in Hotel Apasara Boutique or Dom Himalaya on B/B Basis.
- Day 02: World Heritage Sight Seeing Tours, Hotel
After breakfast- meeting with Cultural Guide then Full day City Sightseeing, Visit Swayambunath (Monkey Temple)- Sightseeing different monastery and stupas, Drive to Boudhanath (Biggest Buddhist Stupa) and sightseeing around the Stupa and Buddhist Monastery, Lunch in Boudhanath, After Lunch visit Pashupatinath (Biggest Hindu Temple in Asia) and sightseeing around the Temples, Hotel Apasara Boutique or Dom Himalaya on B/B Basis.
- Day 03: Fly to Kathmandu to Paro, Transfer to Hotel.
Your first glimpse of Bhutan.
On arrival at the Paro International Airport you will be welcomed by your tour guide and driver. Check into your hotel and after a brief rest, start your magical experience of Bhutan by first visiting the impressive Rinpung Dzong/Fortress of Heaped Jewels, a fine example of the ostentatious Bhutanese art and architecture. The Dzong is located in the heart of the town and a few minutes walk through Nyimazam, one of the few last remaining traditional cantilever bridges in Bhutan. Dzongs serve as a monastic institution and as district administrative office.
Located above the Dzong is the National Museum that houses various antiques and artifacts of Bhutan and provides a glimpse into Bhutans rich cultural and religious history.
Visit the 3 storied Dungtse Lhakhang/temple, built in the mid 1430s by Thangtong Gyelpo, the iron bridge builder, to subdue a demon and the temple is firmly chained to the ground. The three floors of the temple represent hell, heaven and earth and house some of the finest murals in Bhutan. In the evening, visit a traditional farmhouse replete with paddy fields, vegetable garden and farm animals. Enjoy a hot stone bath in a wooden tub, get some cooking tips and help in preparing your dinner which you will eat in the traditional Bhutanese style with the whole family.
- Day 04: Drive from Thimpu to Punakha, Hotel
Morning sightseeing tour of Traditional School of arts & crafts and Tashicho Dzong, and Mini zoo then Drive to Punakha to visiting the Punakha dzong the second oldest in the Bhutan 1637 in middle of the Male and female river by the spritual leader Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyel, Visit Chime Lhakhang O/N at Hotel Damchen Resort.
- Day 05: Drive from Punakha to Wangdue to Paro, Hotel
Enjoy the ride through the mountain ranges.
After Breakfast, Visit Chime Lhakhang and Punakha valley then you will drive back to Thimphu Via Douchula Pass continue drive to Paro O/N at Hotel Mandala.
- Day 06: Paro - Hike Up to Tiger Nest, Hotel
After Breakfast, Hike to Tiger nest hike aprox 4 hours. After the hike you may Kichu Lhakhang, National Museum and farm house. O/N at Hotel White Tara.
- Day 07: Fly Back to Kathmandu from Paro by Dragon Air, Hotel
Early morning drive to airport and fly to Kathmandu, Arrive in Kathmandu and Check in Hotel Apasara Boutique or Dom Himalaya on B/B Basis, Free day in Kathmandu.
- Day 08: Kathmandu - Bhatkapur - Nagarkot, Hotel
Nagarkot is a popular hill station to see the long range of Himalaya. It is situated 32 kilometers east of Kathmandu at an altitude of 2,175 m above the sea-level. The panorama of the major peaks of eastern Nepal Himalayas including Sagarmatha, (Mt. Everest), can be seen from here.
Himalayan peaks like Manaslu (8,463 m), Ganesh Himal (7,111 m), Langtang (7,246 m), Choba Bhamre (6,016 m), Gaurishanker (7,134 m), and Numbur (6,957 m), are also clearly seen from Nagarkot.
Breakfast in Hotel, Lunch in Bhakatpur, After Lunch drive to Changu Narayan Temple, After visit Changu Narayan Temple drive to Nagarkot, Check in Hotel Country Villa Nagarkot.
- Day 09: Drive back to Kathmandu and Check in Hotel.
Wake up call to see the Sunrise in Himalaya and photo shooting, Breakfast in hotel, Walk around the Nagarkot then drive back to Kathmandu, Free day in Kathmandu, Tourist place for shopping, Evening Farewell dinner, Hotel Apasara Boutique or Dom Himalaya on B/B Basis.
- Day 10: Final Departure from Kathmandu for onwoard destination.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Nepal Bhutan Cross Country Tour Cost Includes
- Airport Pick and Drop in Kathmandu and Bhutan by Private vehicle.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and Bhutan B/B Basis as listed in the Itinerary.
- Welcome dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Full day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit as listed in itinerary at Kathmandu and Bhutan.
- English Speaking Tour Guide in Nepal/Bhutan Tour and Entrance Fee.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as applicable.
- All necessary Travel permit to Bhutan.
- Kathmandu- Paro- Kathmandu flight ticket by Dragon Air.
- Bhutan VISA processing Fee.
- Tour Map.
- Special Souvenir from Company.
- Bhutan Tourism Development Fee.
- Government Tax and Agency Service Charge
Nepal Bhutan Cross Country Tour Cost Excludes
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Personal trekking gears.
- Nepal customizetripom duty for import of trekking goods.
- Any other item not included in "COST INCLUDES" Section
Nepal Bhutan Cross Country Tourl Departures Spring 2020/2021
Nepal Bhutan Cross Country Tour Cost Facts
- The above trekking Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This tour can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The tour Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced touring activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Tour Cost also affect the number of guides and porters.
- For these reasons the same tour can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Nepal Bhutan Cross Country Tour.
Aww, There are no trip dates for this product! May be this product runs round the year, Please contact us for the schedule. Thank you.
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Other Heighlights of Tour
- Included quality wining and dining : a welcome reception with drinks at every hotels of your stay.
- Welcoming Dinner.
- Throughout your holiday to Bhutan, escorted by one of expert tour guide- your 'travelling concierge', expert guide, consummate facilitator and friend in a foreign land who ensures your journey is as enjoyable as possible.
- Baggage handling everywhere on your tour.
- Free Wi-Fi and internet in most of the hotel rooms and lobbies.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Luxury air conditioned SUV and coach with extended leg room.
- Airport Transfers as per the scheduled flights.
The vehicles are all luxurious and air conditioned catering to the comforts of our guests as well as ensuring a smooth ride over the mountainous and winding roads of Bhutan. With high ride quality and extended legroom you can enjoy the beautiful landscape from the inside of our cars. We have Toyota SUVs, Hi Ace buses and coaster buses with carrying capacity of up to 30 people in one bus. Driven by experienced and licensed drivers we will make sure you enjoy your holiday to Bhutan and the comforts of our luxurious fleet of cars.
VISA to Bhutan
All tourists must obtain a visa clearance prior to travel to Bhutan. Visas are processed through an online system by your licensed Bhutanese tour operator, directly or through a foreign travel agent. You are required to send the photo-page of your passport to your tour operator who will then apply for your visa. The visa will be processed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) once the full payment of your holiday (including a USD $40 visa fee) has been wire transferred and received in the TCB bank account. Once received the visa clearance will be processed within 72 working hours. At your point of entry you will be required to show your visa clearance letter, the visa will then be stamped into your passport.
The mountain is sacred to Tibetan Buddhists who believe it is the abode of one of the Five Tsheringma Sisters; (jo mo tshe ring mched lnga) — female protector goddesses (Jomo) of Tibet and Bhutan, who were bound under oath by Padmasambhava to protect the land, the Buddhist faith and the local people.
On the Bhutanese side is a Jomolhari Temple, toward the south side of the mountain about a half-day's journey from the army outpost between Thangthangkha and Jangothang at an altitude of 4150 meters. Religious practitioners and pilgrims visiting Mt. Jomolhari stay at this temple. There are several other sacred sites near Jomolhari Temple, including meditation caves of Milarepa and Gyalwa Lorepa. Within an hour's walk up from the temple at an altitude of c. 4450 meters is Tseringma Lhatso, the "spirit lake" of Tsheringma.
In Tibet there is an annual pilgrimage from Pagri to a holy lake, Jomo Lharang, which lies at c. 5,100 metres (16,700 ft) elevation, just north of the mountain.
Responsible TravelA proper VISA to enter and stay in Nepal is a must. There are reported cases when travelers are advised non-requirement of Nepal VISA by their travel agents. Practically every foreign national requires VISA to enter these countries. Do not encourage beggars. Don't trust strangers with money. Trust your hotel, but not people you may bump into on the streets. It is advisable to cover yourself with travel insurance for thefts, loss and medi-claim. Carry proper maps of the places proposed to visit in Nepal, as signboards are often absent. Try to reach a station during daytime if traveling on your own. In any case avoid persistent touts and taxi-drivers at airport/stations/bus stand to help you find your hotel. Always use tourist assistance desk for proper advice. Women traveling alone in certain deserted places should avoid walking at odd hours. While changing money, insist on getting encashment certificate. Do not checkout of the hotel in hurry. While checking out it has been noticed in some hotels, the extras are unreasonably charged which the guest hurriedly pays without cross-checking. Do not leave your cash and valuables in your hotel rooms. Keep your cash divided in different pockets. Take care of proper disposal of your rubbish always whether you are exploring Cities, Himalayas or anywhere else. Always use strong suitcases/baggage, as mishandling is common at airports/stations. Don't tip unreasonably and unnecessarily in a hotel. The NEWS soon spreads in the hotel and by the time you checkout there will be a group of them saluting you to expect something. Most of the monuments give very good discount for students from all over the world. They must carry there valid school identity card.
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Similar Bhutan Tours/Trekking