Koshi Tappu Wildlife Safari
One of the Finest Birding areas of Asia.
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve, the best for the bird-watching covers 175 Sq. km. It was established in 1996. Numerous water-holes and marshes make this, one of the finest birding areas in Nepal. The grasslands support an important population of the Asiatic buffalo.
Gazetted in 1976, it was mainly established to protect the rare wild water buffaloes. The area of the reserve extends 175 sq. km. to the north of one kilometer long barrage that spans the Koshi River. The vast expanse of water created by the barrage, marshes, lagoons, mudflats and arable land that lie around it offers an outstanding wetland which has about to created one of the best and finest bird watching sanctuaries in Asia.
The ample scope for nature walks, which Koshi Tappu Wildlife Park offers is one of the most rewarding and greatest assets of this park. For those with curiosity and perseverance, walking within the reserve on-foot is the most profitable way of exploring the grassland, river lagoons and woodlands and vicinity of the barrage, just a short drive away.
The best time too visit this fabulous wildlife reserve is between October to March when much of the migratory and local birds can be sighted by the barrage and many of the river channels. Numerous Himalayan peaks including the Makalu I (8,463 m), the fifth highest mountain in the world can be seen during the clear time of the year.
Trip HighlightsTiger Tracking Elephant Tracking Jungle/Nature Walk Bird Watching Jeep Safari Dolphine Sightseeing Cultural Tour Visit to Crocodile Breeding Center
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Safari Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu & Transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Half day Cultural tours around UNESCO world heritage sites/ Tour prepration, Overnight in Hotel.
- Day 03: Drive to Koshi Tappu, Arrival and brief introduction of the facility and program, Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 04: Full day excursion on boat and four wheels drive to see waders, waterfowl, birds of prey, marsh crocodile, otters, wild water buffalo and Gangetic Dolphins, Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 05: Bird walk inside the reserve in the scrub forest, grasslands and wetland habitat with pack lunch to see swamp partridge, black-necked stork, buntings, bulbuls etc, Overnight in Lodge
- Day 06: Proceed to deciduous forest near Chatara to see racquet tailed drongo golden backed woodpeckers, pied hornbills, leaf birds, red-thighed falconet, Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 07: Drive hack to Kathmandu, Check in Hotel.
- Day 08: Free/Rest day in Kathmandu, Check in Hotel.
- Day 09: Koshi Tappu Wildlife Safari ends/ Transfer to Airport for Final Departure.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Safari Cost Includes
- Airport Pick and Drop in Kathmandu by Private vehicle.
- Tourist Standard Hotel Accommodation at Kathmandu B/B Basis as listed in the Itinerary.
- Full board Open and Choice meal during the safari period.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the tour as applicable.
- Guided World Heritage Sites Tour in Kathmandu Valley with entrance permit as listed in itinerary.
- Professional & Highly Experience Government Licensed Tour Guide.
- Accmmodiation in Camp or Lodge at Koshi Tappu.
- National Park entry fees
- All expenses of the Guides includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, and Equipment during your travel periods.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Welcome and Farewell dinner with cultural program as listed in the Itinerary.
- All government taxes, VAT, Tourist Service charges and official expenses.
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Safari Cost Excludes
- Bar bills (Coke, mineral water, hard or soft drinks)
- Personal expenses
- Donation or tips
- Emergency evacuation for the Rescue.
- Personal equipment and Medical kid box
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Safari Departures Spring/Autumn 2022/2023
Koshi Tappu Jungle Safari Cost Facts
- The above Tour Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This tour can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The tour Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- For these reasons the same tours can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Koshi Tappu Jungle Safari.
Aww, There are no trip dates for this product! May be this product runs round the year, Please contact us for the schedule. Thank you.
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
The Bardiya (Koshi Tappu) National Park is a protected area in Nepal that was established in 1988 as Royal Koshi Tappu National Park. Covering an area of 968 km2 (374 sq mi) it is the largest and most undisturbed national park in Nepal's Terai, adjoining the eastern bank of the Karnali River and bisected by the Babai River in the Bardiya District. Its northern limits are demarcated by the crest of the Siwalik Hills. The Nepalgunj-Surkhet highway partly forms the southern boundary, but seriously disrupts the protected area. Natural boundaries to human settlements are formed in the west by the Geruwa, a branch of the Karnali River, and in the southeast by the Babai River.
A wide range of faunal species inhabit the protected area. In its water courses and ponds, 200 species of fish have been recorded, most of which are resident. Two toad species, nine frog species, six lizard species, five snake species, 11 turtle species are recorded. Gharial and Mugger crocodile occur as well.
The 31 species of mammals recorded include the Asian elephant, spotted deer, hog deer, wild pig, smooth-coated otter and golden jackal. The Ganges river dolphin has been sighted in the Koshi River. Gaur and blue bull have declined in numbers. Nepal's last remaining population of about 150 wild water buffalo inhabit the area.
Notable among the 485 bird species are Watercock, Indian nightjar, Dusky eagleowl, Black-headed cuckooshrike, Whitetailed stonechat, Striated grassbird, Large adjutant stork, Pallas's fish eagle, Common golden-eye, and Gullbilled tern. Swamp Francolin and Nepal Rufous-vented Prinia occur as well.
In spring 2011, 17 Bengal floricans were recorded from nine different sites along a 39 km (24 mi) north-south stretch of the Koshi River. Seven were males and 10 were females. Only five individuals were recorded outside the reserve, two pairs north of Koshi Tappu, and one female seen twice near the Koshi Barrage area.
Responsible TravelA proper VISA to enter and stay in Nepal is a must. There are reported cases when travelers are advised non-requirement of Nepal VISA by their travel agents. Practically every foreign national requires VISA to enter these countries. Do not encourage beggars. Don't trust strangers with money. Trust your hotel, but not people you may bump into on the streets. It is advisable to cover yourself with travel insurance for thefts, loss and medi-claim. Carry proper maps of the places proposed to visit in Nepal, as signboards are often absent. Try to reach a station during daytime if traveling on your own. In any case avoid persistent touts and taxi-drivers at airport/stations/bus stand to help you find your hotel. Always use tourist assistance desk for proper advice. Women traveling alone in certain deserted places should avoid walking at odd hours. While changing money, insist on getting encashment certificate. Do not checkout of the hotel in hurry. While checking out it has been noticed in some hotels, the extras are unreasonably charged which the guest hurriedly pays without cross-checking. Do not leave your cash and valuables in your hotel rooms. Keep your cash divided in different pockets. Take care of proper disposal of your rubbish always whether you are exploring Cities, Himalayas or anywhere else. Always use strong suitcases/baggage, as mishandling is common at airports/stations. Don't tip unreasonably and unnecessarily in a hotel. The NEWS soon spreads in the hotel and by the time you checkout there will be a group of them saluting you to expect something. Most of the monuments give very good discount for students from all over the world. They must carry there valid school identity card.
All Inclusive Price
US$ 490.00 Per/person
Please inquiry for group discount. Group Discount [+]
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Key Facts Koshi Tappu Wildlife Safari
Sightseeing, Jungle Excursions
- Maximum Altitude
- Trek Difficulty
This is a pleasant and easy walk, usually 4-5 hrs walking daily at elevations below 3500m.Easy
Safari Location Map
Location map of Koshi Tappu National Park
Similar Jungle Safari Tours