Mount Kanchenjunga Expedition
Hardest Peaks in the world, technically difficult & Complex Structure
The Jannu Expedition (also called Kumbhakarna) is seriously challenging, especially since the mountain is only the 32nd highest mountain in the world. It is an important western outlier of Kanchenjunga, the world's third highest peak. Jannu is a large and steep peak in its own right, and has numerous challenging climbing routes. For climbers the official name of this peak is now Kumbhakarna, but Jannu is still its better-known name. Jannu was first reconnoitered in 1957 by Guido Magnone. The first attempt was in 1959 by a French team led by Jean Franco. The French alpinist Lionel Terray first climbed it in 1962. Those summiteers were Ren é Desmaison, Paul Keller, Robert Paragot and Gyalzen Mitchung Sherpa on April 27. The next day Lionel Terray, Andr é Bertraud, Jean Bouvier, Pierre Leroux, Yves Pollet-Villard, Jean Ravier and Wangdi Sherpa also succeeded.
It is one of the hardest peaks in the world in terms of technical difficulty because of its complex structure, its vertical relief, and the particularly steep climbing near the summit. The north face, in particular, has been the scene of some of the most technical (and controversial) climbing achieved at altitudes over 7000m.
Mount Kanchenjunga Expedition Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu - transfer to hotel
- Day 02: Climbing preparation Mt. Kanchenjunga Expedition
- Day 03: Kanchenjunga Expedition briefing tourism department
- Day 04: Fly to Suketar - Taplejung and stay lodge
- Day 05: Trek from Suketar - LaliKhark camping
- Day 06: Trek from LaliKharka -Khewan camping
- Day 07: Trek fromKhewan - Yamphudin camping
- Day 08: From Yamphudin - AmjeKhola camping
- Day 09: Trek from AmjeKhola-Torontan camping
- Day 10: Trek from Torontan to Tseram camping
- Day 11: Trek from Tseram to Ramje and camping
- Day 12: Ramje/acclimatization/hiking camping
- Day 13: Ramje/Kanchenjunga glacier & camping
- Day 14: Glacier/Kanchenjunga Base Camp camp
- Day 15-42: Climbing Mt. Kanchanjunga
- Day 43: Trek from base camp to Ramje & camping
- Day 44: Trek from Ramje to AmjeKhole & camping
- Day 45: Trek from Amije to Yamphudin & camping
- Day 46: Trek Yamphuding - Khewang & camping
- Day 47: Trek from Khewang-LaliKharka & camping
- Day 48: Trek LaliKharka to Suketar and stay lodge
- Day 59: Fly to Suketar to Kathmandu-stay in hotel
- Day 50: Transfer hotel -airport for final departure
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Mount Kanchenjunga Expedition Cost Includes
- Transportation Arrival & Departure; on domestic and international flights.
- Standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan
- All Domestic flights charges.
- All Transportation service from starting and ending points of Mt. Kanchenjunga Expedition.
- Climbing Sherpa guide for Kanchenjunga Himal Expedition.
- Mt. Kanchenjunga Expeditions Group climbing gears like rope, ice bar etc.
- Permits for the Mt. Kanchenjunga Expedition.
- High altitude meal (Full board) while on Trekking to Kanchenjunga B.C. and while Climbing.
- All the expenses & insurance of Liaison officer (Govt. of Nepal).
- Cook, support crew and porters with their equipments, daily wages, food & insurance etc.
- Camping & Kitchen equipment like base camp tents, dining tent with table and chair, kitchen tent with all utensil and toilet tent.
- High altitude tents and necessary gadgets like EPI gas and burner for high climb.
- We provide warm clothing, trek gear for nepali staff including porters
- Life & medical insurance for Nepali staff & Porters.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) & Gamow Bag along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Communication device like Satellite Phone & Willkie-Talkie in case of emergency.(USE PAY)
- Emergency Oxygen with regulator and mask while on Mt. Kanchenjunga Expeditions.(USE PAY)
- Agency service charge.
- Ample farewell dinner with Nepali song & dance.
Mount Kanchenjunga Expedition Cost Excludes
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Medical and personal high risk insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bar & Beverage Bills
- Personal equipment & climbing gears.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation
- Climbing Bonus for Kanchenjunga base camp staffs, tips and personal nature expenses.
- Permit fees and customizetripom charge for Sat phone, communication gadget and commercial filming while on Kanchenjunga expedition.
- Garbage Deposit USD 3,000.00 (Sharing of the total person) and Deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don't take back their garbage to Kathmandu.
Mount Kanchenjunga Expedition Fixed Departures Spring 2022/2023
Kanchenjunga Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Kanchenjunga Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 08, 2021 - May, 27, 2021||Available||20,339.00||Inquiry|
|August, 26, 2021 - October, 16, 2021||Available||20,339.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
All Inclusive Price
US$ 20,339.00 Per/person
Please inquiry for group discount. Group Discount [+]
No of people
Price per person
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Key Facts Kanchenjunga Expedition
- Maximum Altitude
- Trek Difficulty
assez difficile (fairly difficult). Fairly hard, snow and ice at an angle of 45-65 degrees, rock climbing up to UIAA grade III, but not sustained, belayed climbing in addition to a large amount of exposed but easier terrain. Significant objective hazard. Steep climbing or long snow/ice slopes above 50º; for experienced alpine climbers only.AD+
Flight & Private Vehicale
Kanchenjunga Expedition Route Map
Kanchenjunga Expedition Route Map: Approx.
Similar 8,000M Expedition