The Cho Oyu attempts the 6th highest peak in the world. An Austrian team first climbed Cho Oyu in 1954. Indian and German teams also climbed this peak in 1958 and 1964 respectively. Many expedition teams have successfully reached the summit.
The year 2004 was regarded as the Golden Jubilee of Cho Oyu; celebrations were organised by the Nepal Mountaineering Association with grand fanfare and jubilation. Around 400 climbers from across the world took part in this golden jubilee ceremony and most of them made the summit. Most Cho Oyu expedition teams now climb from the Tibetan side, due to the easier technical climbing route from there.
Mount Cho Oyu Expedition Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu & transfer to hotel.
- Day 02-04: Rest & Preparation for Expedition( visa collection, assignment & briefing), Overnight in Hotel.
- Day 04: Drive to Timure, overnight in Lodge.
- Day 05: Drive to Kerung after Immigration formality, Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 06: Acclimatization Day at Kerung, Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 07: Drive to Tingri, Overnight in Hotel.
- Day 08: Drive to Chinese Base Camp (5200m), Overnight in Camp.
- Day 09-10: Acclimatization Day at Chinese Base Camp, Overnight in Camp.
- Day 11: Drive to Middle Camp and Trek to the ABC (5700m), Overnight in Camp.
- Day 12-39: Climbing Period of Cho-Oyu, Summit Cho-Oyu (8201m).
- Day 40: Drive to Tingri, Overnight in Hotel.
- Day 41: Drive to Kerung, Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 42: Drive to Kathmandu. Overnight in Hotel.
- Day 43: Rest and leisure day in Kathmandu, Overnight in Hotel.
- Day 44: Final departure.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Mount Cho Oyu Expedition Cost Includes
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from International Airport.
- 6 nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu on BB Plan as per category.
- Kathmandu-Kerung-Kathmandu transfer with logistics and staffs.
- Kathmandu-Lhasa-Kathmandu flight ticket if Lhasa route is applicable.
- Tibet travel visa and permit for climbing member and involved staffs.
- Cho Oyu climbing permit with Chinese Government Royalty (U$7,500.00 Per/Person).
- Tibetan official Liaison officer for Cho-Oyu Expedition fully paid.
- Transportation from Lhasa-Tingri-Chinese Base Camp and all accommodation with BB Plan.
- All camping equipment in Base Camp and Advance Base Camp.
- 3 meals a day during expedition period for expedition members and staff cooked by our cook.
- 2:1 experienced Climbing Sherpa Guide and Base Camp Staffs sharing with team.
- Cargo and duties clearing assistance service in Kerung border.
- Gamow Bag will be available for expedition group.
- Solar panel for light and batteries charger for expedition members.
- Each expedition member will have an Individual Tent in the ABC.
- Insurance, wages, meal allowances for private Sherpa and sharing base camp staffs.
- Ice falls charges and all Tent for Camp 1, 2, 3 Sharing with Private Sherpa.
- High altitude food for Sherpa and climbing member.
- Per person 50kg baggage allowance carrying by Yak and 40kg baggage allowance while returning.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Communication device like Satellite Phone & Willkie-Talkie in case of emergency.(USE PAY)
- Emergency Oxygen with regulator and mask while on mount Cho Oyu Expeditions.(USE PAY).
- All necessary paper works, office service charge and Government taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information assistance services (if necessary).
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu.
- Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
- Our Company service Charges.
Mount Cho Oyu Expedition Cost Excludes
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner).
- Lunch and Dinner during Kerung, Lhasa, Shigatse and Tingri at Hotel.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips etc.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of any communication means.
- Clothing, packing Items or bags, personal medical kit, personal trekking/climbing gears.
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, change in Government regulations etc.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, repatriation, medicines, medical tests and hospitalization expenses.
- Oxygen bottles, mask and regulators as per demand.
- Medical-travel insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Airfare of international and domestic flights other than specified.
- Nepal entry or re-entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Icefall garbage deposit fees (Sharing with other member) if applicable.
- Nepal custom duty fees for import of expedition goods.
- Emergency/Rescue/Early Jeep cost (US$ 1700 approximately).
- Summit bonus for the climbing Sherpa (US$ 1000.00 is minimum base.)
- Tips, gifts
- Any other item not included in “The cost includes” Section.
Mount Cho Oyu Expedition Spring/Autumn 2018/2019 Fixed Departures
Cho Oyu Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Cho Oyu Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 13, 2018 - May, 27, 2018||Available||13,900.00||Inquiry|
|August, 27, 2018 - October, 10, 2018||Available||13,900.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Mount Cho Oyu Expedition Map
Similar 8,000M Expedition