- Full day City Sightseeing in Kathmandu Swayambunath (Monkey Temple), Boudhanath (Biggest Buddhist Stupa).
- Visit the most famous and important monasteries and palaces in Tibet Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Palcho Monastery, Tashilhunpo Monastery, etc;
- Enjoy the magnificent features of high plateau landscape dark blue sky, Snow Mountains, glaciers, holy lake, valleys, grasslands.
This Lhasa Gyantse Shigatse Namtso Tour offers the epitome of Tibet with some of the most impressive visions: Potala Palaces, Jokhang temples, Drepung and Sera monastery, snow-capped mountains of Nyenchen thanglha and holy lakes Yamdrok , real Tibetan villages and nomads. Lhasa is one of the highest cities in the world with the altitude of about 3600 meters, the world highest salt lake Namtso. Besides, tourists will also visit the mystical Buddhist monasteries of the kumbum stupa in Gyantse, tashi lhunpho monastery in Shigatse.
This 8 Days Tibet Tour will give you plenty of time to explore Nepalese Countryside beauty and Tibetan culture and traditions. You will start the tour with an adventurous overland drive from Kathmandu to Lhasa city and conclude it with an exotic Himalayan flight back to Kathmandu at Gonggar Airport in Lhasa. Wonderful flight will give you the lifetime thrill of your journey. The flight will be your once in a lifetime experience over the breathtaking Himalayas.
You will enjoy fabulous and stunning drive with adventure. Drive to Xegar via Lalugla pass from where you can enjoy the beautiful view of Mt. Xisapangma (8,212 meter) and Mt. Cho-Oyu (8,201 meter). And continue drive to Lhasa via Yamdrok Lake. Visit mystical Buddhist monasteries of Tashilungpo at Shigatse, the Kumbum Stupa at Gyantse, and drive past the beautiful Turquoise lake. In Lhasa visit the famous Potala and Norbulinkha palaces, the great Drepung Monastery and walk through the bustling Barkor Bazaar before flying back to Kathmandu or onward to China.
Tibet Overland Tour Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu, Transfer to Hotel.
Your first glimpse of Nepal.
Arrival in Kathmandu and welcome by flower garlands and transfer to Hotel. Short briefing about tour and evening welcome dinner in typical Nepali restaurant. Overnight in hotel Apasara Boutique or Dom Himalaya on B/B plan basis.
- Day 02: Cultural Tours around KTM Valley/Tour preparation.
After breakfast meeting with cultural tours guide then full day world heritage site siteseeing tour; Swayambunath (Monkey Temple). Boudhanath (Biggest Buddhist Stupa) and sightseeing around the stupa and buddhist monastery. Overnight in hotel Apasara Boutique or Dom Himalaya on B/B plan basis.
- Day 03: Fly to Lhasha (3,650m) from Kathmandu (1,300m).
Departure transport to Tribhuban International Airport and trans Himalayan flight to Tibet (Gongaar airport 1hr. flight) then Drive to Lhasa (1hr.). Rest day for acclimatization Overnight in Kyichu Hotel.
- Day 04 - Day 05: Sightseeing Tours in around Lhasha city (3,650m).
Full 2 days Sightseeing tours in Lhasha, visit Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple & Barkhor Bazaar, Drepung Monastery & Sera Monastery. Overnight in Kyichu Hotel.
- Day 06: Drive from Lhasa to Gyantse (3950m) to Xigatse (3900m).
Drive to Gyantse via Yamadroke Lake and high passes, Kora LA (5,010m) & Kamba La (4,794m). Sightseeing in Gyantse including Pholkor & Kumbum Monastery. PM: scenic drive to Xigatse(1.5hrs) through the typical Tibetan Countryside Overnight in Hotel Gesar.
- Day 07: Drive back from Xigatse to Lhasa.
Xigatse sightseeing tours at morning visit Panchen Lama's Tashilhumpu Monastery. Then drive back to Lhasa overnight in Kyichu Hotel.
- Day 08: Fly back from Lhasa to Kathmandu.
Departure transfer to Gonggar airport and fly back to Kathmandu. Overnight in Hotel Apasara Boutique or Dom Himalaya on B/B plan basis.
- Day 09: Final Departure from Kathmandu for onwoard destination.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Tibet Overland Tour Cost Includes
- Airport Pick and Drop in Kathmandu and Tibet by private vehicle.
- Standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Tibet B/B basis as listed in the Itinerary.
- Welcome dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Full day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit as listed in itinerary at Kathmandu.
- English speaking tour guide in Nepal tour and entrance Fee.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as applicable.
- All of necessary Tibet travel permits and visa documentation
- Tibetan English and Chinese speaking Guide during whole trip in Tibet.
- All of Monasteries Entrance fees at tibet.
- One Oxygen Cylinder.
- Kathmandu-Lhasa-Kathmandu both way flight tickets (Air China or Sichuan Air).
- Tour Map.
- Government Tax.
Tibet Overland Tour Cost Excludes
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Personal trekking gears.
- Nepal customizetripom duty for import of trekking goods.
- Any other item not included in "COST INCLUDES" Section
Tibet Overland Tour Spring 2022/2023
Tibet Overland Tours Cost Facts
- The above tour Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This tour can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The tour Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Tour Cost also affect the number of guides and porters.
- For these reasons the same tour can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Tibet Overland Tour.
Aww, There are no trip dates for this product! May be this product runs round the year, Please contact us for the schedule. Thank you.
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Equipment Clothing Accessories
Depending the season from Oct - March warm clothes required to fight the frosty cold. From April – September light clothes to shun the scorching heat. However a jacket and a sweater are advised throughout the year as the weather may unexpectedly change, at any time the recommended item are, a domestic first aid kit. Sleeping bag, comfortable walking boot or shoes, dust masks, utility knife, sun hat, sunglasses suntan – lotions and a limited number of warm clothes are necessary.
Food & Drinks
Tibet has only a handful of towns and Tibetan Chinese Cuisine is not exactly the most varied in the world it is handy to carry anything that can be brewed with hot, water instant coffee, drinking chocolate, tea bag, soup cubes, other food items are worth considering are instant noodle soup, can-meat, nuts, raisins, chocolates, dry foods and some biscuits etc.
customizetripoms General Information
There is no prohibition on still and video cameras, tape recorders or radios as long as they registered with a customizetripom official, printed matters considered unsuitable by the chine’s Government are prohibited. customizetripoms regulations forbid the export of art objects created prior to 1959 or souvenirs, in amounts deemed to be excessive.
RENMNBI, The people's money used millions of Chinese everyday, circulates in notes 126.96.36.199. 50. and 100 Yuan, 1. 2 and 5 fen and 1. 2 5 Jiao. There are also coins for 1.2 and 5 fen with the Chinese Currency Renminbi; one yuan is divided into 10 Jiao- into 10 fen and foreigner Currency U S $ 1=7.50 Yuan.
Air ticket reconfirmation our counterpart in Lhasa will reconfirm the air ticket china southwest Airlines, Lhasa airport is Gonggar is approx. 96 km. away from Lhasa AIRPORT TAX, departure tax at present is U S $ 12.00 & 90 Yaun Per per-son.
Health & Altitude Problems
Traveling in Tibet involves high altitude and can be strenuous. Clients with heart and lung problems or blood diseases should consult their doctor before booking the trip very rare cases of altitude sickness have been reported simple headache, stomach, loss of appetite fever and disorders can happen for acclimatization please advised drink minimum 03 litter of water per day always move slow your ascend do not go fast do not strain of yourself, take regular rests, do not drink alcohol do not smoke to drink and smoke it is not good ascent may get (AMS / HACE / HAPE) Acute Mountain Sickness / High Altitude Cerebral Edema and High Altitude Pulmonary Edema. Mild Symptoms of AMS headache, tiredness, fatigue, heart palpitations, loss of appetite, nausea or vomiting, and dizziness etc
- Do not encourage beggars.
- Don't trust strangers with money. Trust your hotel, but not people you may bump into on the streets.
- It is advisable to cover yourself with travel insurance for thefts, loss and medi-claim.
- Carry proper maps of the places proposed to visit in Nepal, as signboards are often absent. Try to reach a station during daytime if traveling on your own. In any case avoid persistent touts and taxi-drivers at airport/stations/bus stand to help you find your hotel. Always use tourist assistance desk for proper advice.
- Women traveling alone in certain deserted places should avoid walking at odd hours.
- While changing money, insist on getting encashment certificate.
- Do not checkout of the hotel in hurry. While checking out it has been noticed in some hotels, the extras are unreasonably charged which the guest hurriedly pays without cross-checking.
- Do not leave your cash and valuables in your hotel rooms. Keep your cash divided in different pockets.
- Take care of proper disposal of your rubbish always whether you are exploring Cities, Himalayas or anywhere else.
- Always use strong suitcases/baggage, as mishandling is common at airports/stations.
- Don't tip unreasonably and unnecessarily in a hotel. The NEWS soon spreads in the hotel and by the time you checkout there will be a group of them saluting you to expect something.
- Most of the monuments give very good discount for students from all over the world. They must carry there valid school identity card.
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Location map of Tibet Overland Tour
Similar Tibet Tours/Trekking