Pokalde Peak (or Dolma Ri) is a mountain peak of Nepal situated 12 km southwest of Mount Everest. Pokalde Peak is one of the shortest and easiest trekking peaks in the Everest Region. The majority of the 650m climb from base camp requires little more than walking with short sections of scrambling up rock.
During the trekking seasons this rocky peak is scarcely covered by snow. Despite its lack of any great technical difficulty, it offers trekkers the prospect of reaching 5,800m in elevation and superb views from the summit, particularly to the South East, North West and West. Other prominent mountains visible from the summit include Makalu, Ama Dablam and Pumori. Because of its relatively low difficulty and impressive summit vista's for this altitude, Pokalde is a popular commercial tourist peak in Nepal for those wishing to climb a Himalayan peak without needing to use ice axes and crampons.
The first ascent of Pokalde Peak was made in April 1953 via the ridge adjoining the Pokalde summit with the Kongma La high pass (5535m). This ridge continues from Kongma La to the slightly higher Mehra Peak (Kongma Tse) at 5820m and beyond. Hence the prominence of Pokalde Peak is modest at 271m (889 feet). Most ascents of Pokalde Peak nowadays are made by skirting the opposite Makalu side of the mountain.
Pokhalde Peak Climbing Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Prepare permit for climbing & briefing
- Day 03: Flight to Lukla & Trek to Phakding
- Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazaar
- Day 05: Namche rest for acclimatization
- Day 06: Namche – Thyanboche 3800m.
- Day 07: Thyangboche – Pheriche 4200m.
- Day 08: Pheriche – Lobuche 4900m.
- Day 09: Lobuche – Kalapathar – back to Lobuche
- Day 10: Lobuche – Kongmal Pass – Pokhalde B.C
- Day 11: Base camp – High camp 5000m.
- Day 12: H.C. – Summit 5806 meter back Dingboche
- Day 13: Dinboche – Thyanboche
- Day 14: Thyanboche – Namche bazaar
- Day 15: Namche – Lukla
- Day 16: fly Lukla – Kathmandu transfer hotel
- Day 17: Pokhalde Peak climbing expedtion ends / Final Departure
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Pokhalde Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Includes
- Arrival & Departure Transfers on both Domestic and International Flights.
- All Domestic Flights Charges (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu).
- All transportation service from starting and ending points of Pokhalde Peak Climbing Expedition.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation on a twin share on BB basis.
- Pokhalde Peak Climbing permits and entrance fees for Everest National Park Area.
- Everest Trek & Pokhalde Peak climbing expedition route map.
- Accommodation in best available Teahouse or Lodge while Trekking to Pokhalde Peak B.S
- Accommodation in Tented Camp while on Pokhalde Peak B.C.
- Three times meals while on Everest Trek & Pokhalde Peak Climbing Expedition.
- All Necessary Camping Equipments; Tent, Table & Chair for Climbing Expedition's crew's.
- Climbing/Trekking Guide, Cook, Porters with their equipments, daily wages & food
- Pokhalde Peak expedition group climbing gear, climbing rope, snow bars & carabineers etc.
- Warm clothing, trek gear for nepali staff including porters.
- Life & medical insurance for Nepali staff & Porters.
- 2:1 Ratio porter carrying 30KG.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) & Gamow Bag along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit
- Agency service charge.
- Ample farewell dinner with Nepali song & dance.
Pokhalde Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Excludes
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Nepal entry visa fees.
- Medical and personal high risk insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Bar & Beverage Bills.
- Personal equipment & climbing gears.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation.
- Climbing Bonus & tips for Pokhalde Peak climbing expedition base camp staffs and personal nature expenses.
- Permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication gadget and commercial filming while on Pokhalde Peak climbing expedition trips.
Pokhalde Peak Climbing Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Pokhalde Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Pokhalde Peak Climbing Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 01, 2017 - April, 17, 2017||Available||2,480.00||Inquiry|
|April, 18, 2017 - May, 06, 2017||Available||2,480.00||Inquiry|
|October, 10, 2017 - October, 27, 2017||Available||2,480.00||Inquiry|
|November, 06, 2017 - November, 23, 2017||Available||2,480.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Pokhalde Peak Climbing Route Map: Approx.
Similar Everest Region Climbing