Nuptse is situated in the Solu Khumbu region, just southwest of Mount Everest. The name Nup-tse is Tibetan and means west-peak, as it is the western part of the Nuptse-Nuptse-massif. The main ridge, which is separated from Nuptse by a 7556m high saddle, is crowned by 7 peaks and goes west northwest until its steep west-face drops down more than 2300m to the Khumbu-glacier. The steep and rocky south-face of Nuptse is 2500m high and 5 kilometers wide. The north slopes are rising from the Western-Cwm valley with the upper part of the Khumbu-glacier above its famous icefall.
The main peak, Nuptse I, was first climbed on May 16, 1961 by Dennis Davis and Sherpa Tashi and the following day by Chris Bonington, Les Brown, James Swallow and Pemba Sherpa, members of a British expedition.After a long hiatus, Nuptse again became the objective of high-standard mountaineers in the 1990s and 2000s, with important routes being put up on its west, south, and north faces.
While Nuptse is a dramatic peak when viewed from the south or west, and it towers above the base camp for the standard south col route on Everest, it is not a particularly independent peak: its topographic prominence is only 319 m (1,047 ft). Hence it is not ranked on the list of highest mountains.
Mount Nuptse Expedition Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Prepare for Expedition, Hotel
- Day 03: Briefing of expedition in Ministry of tourism, Hotel
- Day 04: Flight to Lukla & trek to Phakding, lodge
- Day 05: Trek to Namche, lodge
- Day 06: Namche rest day for acclimatization, lodge
- Day 07: Trek to Thyanboche, lodge
- Day 08: Trek to Pheriche, lodge
- Day 09: Trek to Lobuche, lodge
- Day 10: Trek to Nuptse Base Camp, Camping
- Day 11-32: Climbing period for Mount Nupte, Camp
- Day 33: Base camp cleaning and prepration for leave base camp, Camping
- Day 34: Trek to Pheriche, Lodge
- Day 35: Trek to Thyangboche, Lodge
- Day 36: Trek to Jorsalle, Lodge
- Day 37: Trek to Lukla, Lodge
- Day 38: Fly back to Kathmandu, Hotel
- Day 39: Free Day rest day in Kathmandu, Hotel
- Day 40: Mt. Nuptse Expedition trip ends / Final departure
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Mount Nuptse Expedition Cost Includes
- Transportation Arrival & Departure; on domestic and international flights.
- Standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan
- All Domestic flights charges.
- All Transportation service from starting and ending points of mount Nuptse Expedition trips.
- Climbing Sherpa guide for Nuptse Expedition.
- Mount Nuptse Expeditions Group climbing gears like rope, ice bar etc.
- Permits for the mount Nuptse Expedition.
- High altitude meal (Full board) while Trekking to Nuptse base camp and while Climbing.
- All the expenses & insurance of Liaison officer (Govt. of Nepal).
- Cook, support crew and porters with their equipments, daily wages, food & insurance etc.
- Camping & Kitchen equipment like base camp tents, dining tent with table and chair, kitchen tent with all utensil and toilet tent.
- High altitude tents and necessary gadgets like EPI gas and burner for high climb.
- Warm clothing, trek gear for nepali staff including porters
- Life & medical insurance for Nepali staff & Porters.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) & Gamow Bag along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Communication device like Satellite Phone & Willkie-Talkie in case of emergency.(USE PAY)
- Emergency Oxygen with regulator and mask while on mount Nuptse Expeditions.(USE PAY)
- Agency service charge.
- Ample farewell dinner with Nepali song & dance.
Mount Nuptse Expedition Cost Excludes
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Medical and personal high risk insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bar & Beverage Bills
- Personal equipment & climbing gears.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation
- Climbing Bonus for Nuptse base camp staffs, tips and personal nature expenses.
- Permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication gadget and commercial filming while on Nuptse expedition.
- Garbage Deposit USD 3,000.00 (Sharing of the total person) and Deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don't take back their garbage to Kathmandu.
Mount Nuptse Expedition Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Nuptse Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Nuptse Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 13, 2017 - May, 22, 2017||Available||9,440.00||Inquiry|
|September, 05, 2017 - October, 14, 2017||Available||9,440.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Mount Nuptse Expedition Route Map: Approx.
Similar 7,000M Expedition