Mera Peak is the highest peak among trekking peaks; It lies in Hinku valley of the Khumbu region. Before attempting a higher mountain it would be worth trying Mera Peak for acclimatization purposes. All the hardships will be forgotten once you are on the summit because from the top of Mera the gigantic view of Everest, Lhotse, Choo yu, Nuptse, Makalu, Kanchenjunga & many more peaks are visible in 360 degrees angle.
The view from the Mera Peak summit is one of the finest in the Himalaya with five 8,000m peaks visible: Mount Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu, and Kangchenjunga, as well as other Himalayan peaks linked below. The standard route from the north involves high altitude glacier walking. The ease of reaching this elevation may be its biggest danger but good weather and snow conditions are, of course, necessary for safety and success. The west and south faces of the peak offer more difficult technical routes.
Mingbo La Pass
Mingbo La can be defined as an adventure trekking destination in Himalayas. It is technically pass up to Khumbu valley via the ridge of Mt. Amadablam. There are numbers of huge glaciers along the trail. The crossing of the pass requires the use of technical climbing equipment and trekkers must be skilled in the use of this and be prepared. It holds breathtaking Himalayan scenery while you are in trekking.
Mera Peak Climbing via Mingbo La Pass Trek Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu, transfer to hotel
- Day 02: Prepare permit & trekking
- Day 03: Flight Ktm – Lukla, Trek to Chutenga
- Day 04: Chutanga Zatra La pass - Chatrarbu Lodge
- Day 05: Trek to Kothy camp (Lodge)
- Day 06: Trek to Thagnak, camp (Lodge)
- Day 07: Trek to Khare, camp (Lodge)
- Day 08: Rest day (Lodge)
- Day 09: Trek to Mera Base camp
- Day 10: climb to Mera high camp
- Day 11: Summit MERA PEAK 6654m.-back B.C.
- Day 12: Trek to Seto Pokhari, camp
- Day 13: Trek to Panch Pokhari, camp
- Day 14: Amphulaptsa pass– Chhukung Lodge
- Day 15: Chhukung – Thyanboche - Lodge
- Day 16: Thyanboche – Namche Bazaar - Lodge
- Day 17: Namche Bazaar – Lukla
- Day 18: Flight to Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
- Day 19: Free Day in Kathmandu, Hotel
- Day 20: Mera Peak Climbing with Mingbo La Pass trek ends /Transfer to airport for final departure onward journey.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Mera Peak Climbing via Mingbo La Pass Trek Cost Includes
- Arrival & Departure Transfers on both Domestic and International Flights.
- All Domestic Flights Charges (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu).
- All transportation service from starting and ending points of Mera Peak Climbing via Mingbo La Pass Trek.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation on a twin share on BB basis.
- Mera Peak Climbing via Mingbo La Pass Trek permits and entrance fees for Everest National Park Area.
- Everest Trek & Mera Peak Climbing via Mingbo La Pass Trek route map.
- Accommodation in best available Teahouse or Lodge while Trekking to Island Peak B.S
- Accommodation in Tented Camp while on Island Peak B.C.
- Three times meals while on Everest Trek & Mera Peak Climbing via Mingbo La Pass Trek.
- All Necessary Camping Equipments; Tent, Table & Chair for Climbing Expedition's crew's.
- Climbing/Trekking Guide, Cook, Porters with their equipments, daily wages & food
- Island Peak expedition group climbing gear, climbing rope, snow bars & carabineers etc.
- Warm clothing, trek gear for nepali staff including porters.
- Life & medical insurance for Nepali staff & Porters.
- 2:1 Ratio porter carrying 30KG.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) & Gamow Bag along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit
- Agency service charge.
- Ample farewell dinner with Nepali song & dance.
Mera Peak Climbing via Mingbo La Pass Trek Cost Excludes
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Nepal entry visa fees.
- Medical and personal high risk insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Bar & Beverage Bills.
- Personal equipment & climbing gears.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation.
- Climbing Bonus & tips for Mera Peak Climbing via Mingbo La Pass Trek base camp staffs and personal nature expenses.
- Permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication gadget and commercial filming while on Mera Peak Climbing via Mingbo La Pass Trek trips.
Mera Peak Climbing via Mingbo La Pass Trek Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Mera Peak/Island Peak via Everest Base Camp Trek Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Mera Peak/Island Peak Climbing via Everest Base Camp Trek Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 16, 2017 - May, 05, 2017||Guaranteed||3,350.00||Inquiry|
|October, 15, 2017 - November, 03, 2017||Guaranteed||3,350.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Mera Peak Climbing via Mingbo La Pass Trek Map
Similar Peak Climbing with Trekking