Mera Peak is the highest peak among trekking peaks; It lies in Hinku valley of the Khumbu region. Before attempting a higher mountain it would be worth trying Mera Peak for acclimatization purposes. All the hardships will be forgotten once you are on the summit because from the top of Mera the gigantic view of Everest, Lhotse, Choo yu, Nuptse, Makalu, Kanchenjunga & many more peaks are visible in 360 degrees angle.
The view from the Mera Peak summit is one of the finest in the Himalaya with five 8,000m peaks visible: Mount Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu, and Kangchenjunga, as well as other Himalayan peaks linked below. The standard route from the north involves high altitude glacier walking. The ease of reaching this elevation may be its biggest danger but good weather and snow conditions are, of course, necessary for safety and success. The west and south faces of the peak offer more difficult technical routes.
Mingbo La Pass
Mingbo La can be defined as an adventure trekking destination in Himalayas. It is technically pass up to Khumbu valley via the ridge of Mt. Amadablam. There are numbers of huge glaciers along the trail. The crossing of the pass requires the use of technical climbing equipment and trekkers must be skilled in the use of this and be prepared. It holds breathtaking Himalayan scenery while you are in trekking.
Mera Peak Climbing via Mingbo La Pass Trek Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu, transfer to hotel
- Day 02: Prepare permit & trekking, Hotel
- Day 03: Flight Ktm - Lukla and Trek to Chutenga, Lodge
- Day 04: Chutanga Zatra La pass - Chatrarbu Lodge
- Day 05: Trek to Kothy, Camp (Lodge)
- Day 06: Trek to Thagnak, Camp (Lodge)
- Day 07: Trek to Khare, Camp (Lodge)
- Day 08: Rest day (Lodge)
- Day 09: Trek to Mera Base camp, Camp
- Day 10: climb to Mera high camp, Camp
- Day 11: Summit MERA PEAK 6654m. and back B.C, Camp
- Day 12: Trek to Seto Pokhari, Camp
- Day 13: Trek to Panch Pokhari, Camp
- Day 14: Amphulaptsa pass - Chhukung, Lodge
- Day 15: Chhukung - Thyanboche, Lodge
- Day 16: Thyanboche - Namche Bazaar, Lodge
- Day 17: Namche Bazaar - Lukla, Lodge
- Day 18: Flight to Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
- Day 19: Free Day in Kathmandu, Hotel
- Day 20: Mera Peak Climbing with Mingbo La Pass trek ends /Transfer to airport for final departure onward journey.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Mera Peak Climbing via Mingbo La Pass Trek Cost Includes
- Welcome/Farewell dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Airport Pick and Drop in Kathmandu by Private vehicle.
- Tourist Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu in B/B basis.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit as listed in itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- Standard Lodge/Guest House accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis during the trek.
- Accommodation in Tented Camp while on Mera Peak Base Camp.
- Full Board Meals (3 Meals a day) while on the trek.
- Mera Peak Climbing permits and TIMS Card fees.
- All necessary camping equipments; Tent, Table & Chair for climbing expedition's crew's.
- Professional & highly expertise government licensed holder local Trekking/Climbing Guide.
- 2:1 Ratio porter carrying 30KG.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary trekking gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Friends Adventure Team's Sleeping Bag, Down Jacket, Walking Poles and Duffel Bag, to be return after trip completed.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Arrangement of all rescue and evacuation promptly, in Worst Condition
- Mera Peak Climbing group climbing gear, climbing rope, snow bars & carabineers etc.
- Trekking Map, Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
- Agency service charge.
Mera Peak Climbing via Mingbo La Pass Trek Cost Excludes
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Any other item not included in "Cost Includes" Section.
Mera Peak Climbing via Mingbo La Pass Trek Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Mera Peak/Island Peak via Everest Base Camp Trek Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Mera Peak/Island Peak Climbing via Everest Base Camp Trek Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 16, 2017 - May, 05, 2017||Guaranteed||3,350.00||Inquiry|
|October, 15, 2017 - November, 03, 2017||Guaranteed||3,350.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Mera Peak Climbing via Mingbo La Pass Trek Map
Similar Peak Climbing with Trekking