Mardi Himal name is derived from Mount Mardi. This mountain about 5200 meter from sea level is lying less than fifteen miles north of Pokhara valley. Mardi Himal is the most southerly mountain of the Mount Annapurna range. Mardi Himal is a lower trekking peak in Nepal.
In Mardi Himal Trekking you reach the base camp of Mt. Mardi at an altitude of 4100m then after you return back. While trekking you will get splendid mountain views, cross sparkling rivers and walk through lush green terraced fields. Trekkers also pass through beautiful forests and interesting villages having cultural diversity along route. Warm hospitality and friendly behavior of local people give extra flavor to trekkers participate in Mardi Himal Trekking.
Mardi Himal (5,587 m) lies less than 15 miles from Pokhara, and is the most southerly peak of the Annapurna range. It is the lowest and the least climbed or visited peak. Photographs of Mardi Himal taken in 1953 by Baisl Goodfellow first drew the attention of western climbers, and the mountain received its first ascent in 1961. The first route was via the East Flank and is the only one used so far.
The mountain separates the southwest ridge of Machhapuchhare as a separate mass at right angles to the ridge and is best seen from the south. The southwest face of the mountain has three well-defined ridges rising from rock buttresses and separated by hanging glaciers. Its east face is separated from the Machhapuchhare ridge by a col at 5,200 meters. The normal climbing route to the summit of Mardi Himal passes through this col. The summit offers a splendid view of the Annapurna Range and the Fishtail Mountain (Machhapuchhare). The valleys and ridges south of Mardi Himal are steep and heavily wooded with bamboo and rhododendron. Alpine pastures above the forest provide a good habitat for wildlife.
Mardi Himal Peak Climbing Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel
- Day 02: Kathmandu, prepare expedition & briefing
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara tourist bus & transfer to hotel
- Day 04: Drive to Phedi and then start trek to Pothana
- Day 05: Pathana -trek to Jungle camp
- Day 06: Forest camp - trek Bhaisi Khark
- Day 07: Bhaisi Khark - Trek to Mardi himal Base camp
- Day 08: Base cam - climb to high camp
- Day 09: Summit Mardi Himal & back to base camp
- Day 10: Base camp - trek back to Jungle camp
- Day 11: Jungle camp - trek to Siding village
- Day 12: Siding village - trek to Mardi Khola Bridge
- Day 13: Mardi Khola Bridge - trek to Hyanja & drive to Pokhara
- Day 14: Drive to Kathmandu by tourist bus & transfer to hotel
- Day 15: Mardi Himal Peak Climbing ends / Transfer to airport for final departure onward journey.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Mardi Himal Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Includes
- Welcome/Farewell dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Airport Pick and Drop in Kathmandu by Private vehicle.
- Tourist Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu in B/B basis.
- Tourist Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu in B/B basis.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit as listed in itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- Standard Lodge/Guest House accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis during the trek.
- Accommodation in Tented Camp while on Mardi Himal Base Camp.
- Full Board Meals (3 Meals a day) while on the trek.
- Mardi Himal Climbing permits and entrance fees for Annapurna Conservation Area (TIMS Card).
- All necessary camping equipments; Tent, Table & Chair for climbing expedition's crew's.
- Professional & highly expertise government licensed holder local Trekking/Climbing Guide.
- 2:1 Ratio porter carrying 30KG.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary trekking gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Friends Adventure Team's Sleeping Bag, Down Jacket, Walking Poles and Duffel Bag, to be return after trip completed.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Arrangement of all rescue and evacuation promptly, in Worst Condition
- Mardi Himal Climbing Expedition group climbing gear, climbing rope, snow bars & carabineers etc.
- Trekking Map, Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
- Agency service charge.
Mardi Himal Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Excludes
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Any other item not included in "Cost Includes" Section.
Mardi Himal Peak Climbing Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Mardi Himal Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Mardi Himal Peak Climbing Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|March, 10, 2017 - March, 25, 2017||Guaranteed||3,950.00||Inquiry|
|March, 22, 2017 - April, 06, 2017||Available||3,950.00||Inquiry|
|October, 10, 2017 - October, 25, 2017||Available||3,950.00||Inquiry|
|October, 22, 2017 - November, 06, 2017||Available||3,950.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Mardi Himal Peak Climbing Route Map: Approx.
Similar Annapurna Region Climbing