Mount Kangaru is a mountain in the Manang region of Gandaki, and it is banned area of Nar Phu valley. It the highest peak of the Larkya sub-range of the Nepalese Himalayas. The mount Larkya range is existed north east side of mount Manaslu & Mount Thulagi and south west of the mount Annapurnas range.
The mountain is most famous for one of the worst avalanche causing to mountaineering accidents. On October 20, 2005, an avalanche, occurred by several hours of heavy snowfall, plowed into a French expedition's base camp, sweeping away all seven members of the French team as well as 11 Nepalese staff down a steep avalanche gorge, killed them all. The avalanche occurred in the late afternoon after tea time and all those were killed inside their tents. Some porters who were outside their tents managed to survive. They made their way to the nearest village where the French-Israeli expedition team was planning to climb Ratna Chuli, a nearby mountain. The team immediately informed the French embassy in Kathmandu and left their climb due to poor snow conditions. Only one body was found out in initial attempts and later in mid-November, the avalanche searching specialists from France only found two more bodies (a French climber and a Nepalese porter).
Mount Kanguru Expedition Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
- Day 02: Preparation of Expedition, Hotel
- Day 03: Expedition briefing in Ministry of Tourism, Hotel
- Day 04: Drive to Besisahar & Chamche, Lodge
- Day 05: Trek to Bagarchap, Lodge
- Day 06: Trek to Koto, Lodge
- Day 07: Trek to Daramsala, Camping
- Day 08: Trek to Kang Guru Base camp, Camping
- Day 09-25: Climbing Period of Mount Kangaru, Camping
- Day 26: Trek to Koto, Lodge
- Day 27: Trek to Chamche, Lodge
- Day 28: Drive back to Kathmandu, Hotel
- Day 29: Free rest day in Kathmandu, Hotel
- Day 30: Expeditiion trips ends / Final Departures.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Mount Kanguru Expedition Cost Includes
- Transportation Arrival & Departure; on domestic and international flights.
- Standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan
- All Domestic flights charges.
- All Transportation service from starting and ending points of Mt. Kanguru Expedition trips.
- Climbing Sherpa guide for Kanguru Expedition.
- Mt. Kanguru Expeditions Group climbing gears like rope, ice bar etc.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Trekking & Kanguru Expedition South Face Expeditinon Permit and all government taxes for Kanguru Expedition.
- High altitude meal (Full board) while Trekking to Kanguru base camp and while Kanguru Expedition .
- All the expenses & insurance of Liaison officer (Govt. of Nepal).
- Cook, support crew and porters with their equipments, daily wages, food & insurance etc.
- Camping & Kitchen equipment like base camp tents, dining tent with table and chair, kitchen tent with all utensil and toilet tent.
- High altitude tents and necessary gadgets like EPI gas and burner for high climb.
- Warm clothing, trekking gear for nepali staff including porters.
- Life & medical insurance for Nepali staff & Porters.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) & Gamow Bag along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Communication device like Satellite Phone & Willkie-Talkie in case of emergency. (USE PAY)
- Emergency Oxygen with regulator and mask while on mount Kanguru Expeditions. (USE PAY)
- Agency service charge.
- Ample farewell dinner with Nepali song & dance.
Kanguru Expedition Cost Excludes
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Medical and personal high risk insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bar & Beverage Bills
- Personal equipment & climbing gears.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation
- Climbing Bonus for Ama Dablam base camp staffs, tips and personal nature expenses.
- Permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication gadget and commercial filming while on Kanguru expedition.
- Garbage Deposit USD 4,000.00 (Sharing of the total person) and Deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don't take back their garbage to Kathmandu.
Mount Kanguru Expedition Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Kanguru Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Kanguru Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 23, 2017 - May, 22, 2017||Available||10,000.00||Inquiry|
|October, 02, 2017 - October, 31, 2017||Available||10,000.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Kanguru Expedition Route Map: Approx.
Similar 6,000M Expedition