The Rara Lake Trek through the remote wilderness of western Nepal offers a superb experience of nature. Rara Lake is Nepal’s largest lake situated at 2980m. The trek begins from the mountain airstrip of Jumla, after flying from Nepalgunj. The trail passes through green countryside, which provides unusual glimpses of a culture and scenery quite different from that found elsewhere in Nepal.
The Rara Lake Trek eventually culminates in Rara National Park. This beautiful high altitude lake is surrounded by alpine meadows and forests of pine, juniper and spruce, while in the background you can view the magnificent snow-capped peaks of the lesser-known Himalaya.
Rara Lake Trek Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m), Transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Cultural Tours in Kathmandu/Preparation for Trek, O/N Hotel.
- Day 03: Fly to Nepalgunj (150m), Overnight in Hotel.
- Day 04: Fly to Jumla (2,540m), Overnight in Guest House.
- Day 05: Trek to Chere Chaur (3,055m), Overnight in Guest House.
- Day 06: Trek to Chalachaur (2,980m), Overnight in Guest House.
- Day 07: Trek to Sinja Valley (2,490m), Overnight in Guest House.
- Day 08: Trek to Ghorosingha (3,050m), Overnight in Guest House.
- Day 09: Trek to Rara Lake (3,010m), Overnight in Guest House.
- Day 10: Exploration Day Rara Lake, Overnight in Guest House.
- Day 11: Trek to Pina (2,440m), Overnight in Guest House.
- Day 12: Trek to Bumra (2,850m), Overnight in Guest House.
- Day 13: Trek to Jumla (2,540m), Overnight in Guest House.
- Day 14: Fly to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj, Check in Hotel.
- Day 15: Rara Lake Trek Ends/Final departure.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Jumla Rara Lake Trek Cost Excludes
- Pick up and drop service from Airport to Hotel and viceversa by Private vehicle.
- 3 Days accommodation in Tourist Standard Hotel in Kathmandu B/B Basis.
- Full Board Open and Choice Meals (3 Meals a day) wihile on Trek.
- Accommodation in twin sharing bases during trek in Tea House/Lodges.
- Flight Tickets from Kathmandu-Nepalgung-Jumla both way.
- Trekking Permit and Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) card fees.
- Professional & highly expertise Local Trekking Guide.
- 2:1 Porters.
- Group Trekking Gears.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sun glasses etc.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit as listed in itinerary.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Agency Service Charge (10%) and all kinds of Government Taxes(13% VAT ).
Jumla Rara Lake Trek Cost Excludes
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- Items of personal nature, laundry expenses, tips.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses.
- Clothing, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue (Helicopter), Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Travel Insurance, Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Any other item not included in "COST INCLUDES” Section.
Jumla Rara Lake Trek Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Jumla Rara Lake Trek Cost Facts
- The above trekking Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This trek can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The trek Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Trekking Cost also affect the number of guides and porters.
- For these reasons the same trek can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Jumla Rara Lake Trek.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|March, 05, 2017 - March, 15, 2017||Available||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|March, 25, 2017 - April, 10, 2017||Available||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|April, 15, 2017 - April, 30, 2017||Available||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|May, 06, 2017 - May, 21, 2017||Available||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|September, 05, 2017 - September, 20, 2017||Available||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|September, 25, 2017 - October, 10, 2017||Available||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|October, 20, 2017 - November, 05, 2017||Available||2,590.00||Inquiry|
|November, 20, 2017 - December, 05, 2017||Available||2,590.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Similar Off the Bitten Trek