Island Peak is the most famous peak among the trekking peaks due to its location & relative ease to climb is situated in the Everest region. From the summit of Island peak Lhotse 8511m (4th highest mountain in the world), Makalu, Barunste, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Cholaste, Lobuche peak and other peaks are visible in close range.
Island Peak (Imje Tse 6189 m) is one of the main climbing peaks of the Everest Area. The mountain was named "Island Peak" in 1952 due to its striking location in the middle of the Chhukung valley, like an Island on a sea of ice. It was renamed "Imje Tse" in the early '80s, though its original name is still more popular. Island Peak has an impressive, highly glaciated West Face that rises from the Lhotse Glacier.
In fact, the mountain extends from the South Ridge of Lhotse Shar and is separated only by a small col. above this gap which is the ridge leading to summit. From the Base Camp, you will have to ascend a steep, grassy slope with small rocky steps to High Camp. From here it is necessary to climb a steep, exposed snow and ice ramp to the summit ridge; fixed ropes will have to be used where necessary for a safe ascent to the top. This climb requires more technical expertise than other climbs, however we will make it easier for by providing you with a technically proficient Sherpa climbing guide who is known for his knowledge of scaling high mountain peaks.
Island Peak Climbing via Everest Base Camp Trek Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel 1350m.
- Day 02: Prepare climbing permit
- Day 03: Flight to Lukla & trek to Phakding – Lodge
- Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazaar 3440m.- Lodge
- Day 05: Namche rest for acclimatization – Lodge
- Day 06: Namche – Thyanboche 3800m.- Lodge
- Day 07: Thyangboche – Pheriche 4200m.-Lodge
- Day 08: Pheriche – Lobuche 4900m.- Lodge
- Day 09: Lobuche – Everest B.C – Back to Lobuche
- Day 10: Lobuche – Dingboche 4300m.- Lodge
- Day 11: Dingboche – Chukung 4730m. – Lodge
- Day 12: Chukung – Island Peak B.C. 5000m. Camping
- Day 13: Island BC – High camp 5400m.
- Day 14: High Camp – Summit 6160m. & Back to B.C.
- Day 15: Base Camp – Thyanboche 3800m.- Lodge
- Day 16: Thyanboche – Namche Bazaar – Lodge
- Day 17: Namche – Lukla – Lodge
- Day 18: Fly Lukla – Kathmandu - Hotel
- Day 19: Free Day in Kathmandu - Hotel
- Day 20: Island Peak Climbing with Everest Base Camp Trek trip ends / Final Departure
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Island Peak Climbing via Everest Base Camp Trek Cost Includes
- Arrival & Departure Transfers on both Domestic and International Flights.
- All Domestic Flights Charges (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu).
- All transportation service from starting and ending points of Island Peak Climbing via Everest Base Camp Trek.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation on a twin share on BB basis.
- Island Peak Climbing permits and entrance fees for Everest National Park Area.
- Everest Trek & Island Peak Climbing via Everest Base Camp Trek route map.
- Accommodation in best available Teahouse or Lodge while Trekking to Island Peak B.S
- Accommodation in Tented Camp while on Island Peak B.C.
- Three times meals while on Everest Trek & Island Peak Climbing via Everest Base Camp Trek.
- All Necessary Camping Equipments; Tent, Table & Chair for Climbing Expedition's crew's.
- Climbing/Trekking Guide, Cook, Porters with their equipments, daily wages & food
- Island Peak expedition group climbing gear, climbing rope, snow bars & carabineers etc.
- Warm clothing, trek gear for nepali staff including porters.
- Life & medical insurance for Nepali staff & Porters.
- 2:1 Ratio porter carrying 30KG.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) & Gamow Bag along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit
- Agency service charge.
- Ample farewell dinner with Nepali song & dance.
Island Peak Climbing via Everest Base Camp Trek Cost Excludes
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Nepal entry visa fees.
- Medical and personal high risk insurance.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Bar & Beverage Bills.
- Personal equipment & climbing gears.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation.
- Climbing Bonus & tips for Island Peak Climbing via Everest Base Camp Trek base camp staffs and personal nature expenses.
- Permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication gadget and commercial filming while on Island Peak Climbing via Everest Base Camp Trek trips.
Island Peak Climbing via Everest Base Camp Trek Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Island Peak Climbing via Everest Base Camp Trek Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Island Peak Climbing via Everest Base Camp Trek Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|March, 24, 2017 - April, 12, 2017||Guaranteed||1,890.00||Inquiry|
|April, 02, 2017 - April, 22, 2017||Guaranteed||1,890.00||Inquiry|
|April, 15, 2017 - May, 04, 2017||Guaranteed||1,890.00||Inquiry|
|May, 01, 2017 - May, 20, 2017||Guaranteed||1,890.00||Inquiry|
|May, 06, 2017 - May, 26, 2017||Available||1,890.00||Inquiry|
|September, 24, 2017 - October, 13, 2017||Available||1,890.00||Inquiry|
|October, 01, 2017 - October, 20, 2017||Guaranteed||1,890.00||Inquiry|
|October, 15, 2017 - November, 03, 2017||Guaranteed||1,890.00||Inquiry|
|October, 29, 2017 - November, 17, 2017||Guaranteed||1,890.00||Inquiry|
|November, 06, 2017 - November, 26, 2017||Guaranteed||1,890.00||Inquiry|
|November, 12, 2017 - November, 30, 2017||Available||1,890.00||Inquiry|
|November, 25, 2017 - December, 14, 2017||Available||1,890.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Island Peak Climbing/Everest Trek Map
Similar Peak Climbing with Trekking