- Marvelous trekking journey to Gokyo Lakes.
- Exploring the beauty of spectacular lakes nestled among the Himalayas.
- Wonderful hiking exploration to Gokyo Ri (5,357m).
- Sherpa cultural wonders of Everest region.
- Peaceful and adventurous trekking experience.
- Cultural Sightseeing tour of Kathmandu.
Gokyo Lakes Trek is a marvelous adventure journey to explore the magical charm of spectacular glacial lakes amongst the Himalayas. The trek goes to the wonderful Gokyo valley where Gokyo Lakes lies peacefully amidst the mountains projecting overwhelming aura of the magnificence.
This trip is an exploration of the mountain wonders in the Khumbu region that goes off the Everest base camp trail from Namche Bazar. This trek goes from Lukla up towards Namche on the same trail as the Everest Base camp one and goes off towards Dole from there on. The route Namche onwards is blissfully more peaceful with fewer trekkers exploring the region. The experience of trekking through quieter area with the excitement of exploring the hidden treasure of the mountains in the form of lakes is an unmatchable experience.
Exploration of the lakes in the Gokyo valley and hiking up to the Gokyo Ri (5,357m), the highest point on the trek is certainly mesmerizing. It brings a sense of inner joy of seeing and exploring dreamy destination amidst the high-soaring, snow-capped mountain peaks. The stunning mountain views, wonderful terrain, incredible Sherpa people and blissful nature of the region are obviously unforgettable factors to make the trip so special.
- Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu (1400m), Transfer to Hotel.
Today is the day of your arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal. As soon as you come out of the Kathmandu airport, you will find our representative waiting for you in the waiting area right outside the arrival lounge. You will be warmly greeted and welcomed by the representative and led to the vehicle. Our vehicle will take you to the trip hotel, most of the time in Thamel, that is 20-30 minutes drive, depending upon traffic, from the airport.
After you check into the hotel, you can take relaxing time on your own as there are no activities scheduled for today, except our trip briefing meeting. We will let you know about the briefing timing upon your arrival.
- Day 02: Cultural Tours around KTM Valley/Trek Preparation, Hotel
Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel. We come to take your for a wonderful cultural heritage tour of Kathmandu valley. As part of the tour, we are going to visit four of the UNESCO Heritage monuments in Kathmandu valley. The places we visit today are incredible mixture of culture, history, spirituality, art and stories.
Believed to have been created on its own, this Budhhist stupa is the oldest of all the monuments in Kathmandu valley. Standing atop a small hillock, Swoyambunath, known as monkey temple amongst tourists, provides a fascinating view of the valley, surrounding hills and snow-capped mountain at the distance on a clear day.
Patan Durbar Square
One of the three medieval palace squares, Patan Durbar Square holds its medieval art and architectural grandeur. Amazing skill of the artisans is evident in each and every building that stands in the square. The square comprises of medieval palace, temples and museum.
This site is the most sacred Hindu temple area in the country. But, as the temple is strictly a Hindu only area, non-Hindu tourists go there to watch the unique Hindu cremation rituals on the bank of River Bagmati. The death rites of Hindu family there are so engrossing and heart-touching which make you feel the moment. It's not any kind of intrusion in being there and watching somebody being cremated in an open ground. It's a great cultural experience.
This giant Buddhist stupa is considered as the biggest one in the world. This small square with giant shrine has a powerful presence of the spiritual vibrations. It's an important pilgrimage site for the people following Tibetan Buddhism.
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2,810m) trek to Phakding (2,610m), Lodge
After a day of wonderful immersion into Kathmandu vibes, we are ready to fly and trek into the higher elevation. We drive to airport early morning to board our flight to Lukla to enter the Everest region. About half hour of spectacular flight takes us to the small but beautiful town of Lukla where magical mountain peaks extend their warm welcome to us.
Once we prepare for the day walk, we proceed walking towards Phakding as the destination for the day. The first day of walk in the Everest region goes along the Dudh Koshi River passing through several mani walls, chhortens and beautiful landscapes. Phakding village lies beautifully on the bank of Dudh Koshi River where we spend the night.
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazzar (3440m), Lodge
It's a beautiful day of walking into the Sagarmatha National Park. We relish the mouthwatering breakfast as a gentle breeze comforts the morning. We set off on the trek for the day and reach Monjo to enter the national park zone. After checking into the park, we head up towards Namche Bazar. Crossing suspension bridges over the river in several places; passing through forested parts and many wonderful views, we finally reach Namche Bazar.
Namche Bazar is a beautiful settlement on a mountain slope with the view of Himalayan peaks right in front. It is also an important trade center in Everest region. Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 05: Acclimatization Day at Namche Bazzar, Lodge
An additional day of exploring around Namche is required to acclimatize with the thinning air as we go higher. We hike to the Everest view point to get the very first glimpse of Mt. Everest along with other impressive peaks in the region. We can hike up to Khumjung if you like to. The hiking to a higher elevation will help us acclimatize properly so that we can walk further higher. We return back to Namche Bazar in the afternoon and wander around the bazar. A relaxing afternoon will reenergize and prepare us for the next day. Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 06: Trek to Dole (4,050m), Lodge
After spending an acclimatizing day at Namche Bazar, we are ready to move ahead on our journey. We head towards Gokyo valley on our trek today. Before the Everest Base Camp, we are going to explore Gokyo valley. Thus, we are trekking to Dole today. Dole is a small and beautiful village where the serenity and good vibrations prevail in abundance. As soon as we start walking on the route to Dole, we feel the difference, in terms of number of trekkers. The region has fewer trekkers than on the Everest Base Camp trekking trail. We enjoy this incredibly peaceful atmosphere in the region. Overnight at a lodge.
- Day 07: Trek to Machhermo (4,470m), Lodge
We trek to Machhermo today. As we go higher, we feel the change in the vegetation, landscape and oxygen level. The thinning oxygen level creates a little bit challenge but, with the excitement and strong determination, we can overcome this challenge. After all there are a lot of such challenges that we are going to face during our adventure journey. The challenge of the walk becomes easier as we can enjoy some unearthly views during the walk. Eventually we reach Machhermo, just below the Ngozumpa glacier, to stay overnight. Overnight at a lodge.
- Day 08: Trek to Gokyo (4,750m), Lodge
We are going to reach the region where beautiful Gokyo lakes are located. We begin the day with an ascent with the views of beautiful mountain peaks of Cho Oyu and Kangtenga. The trail traversing between Machhermo and Gokyo takes us via two beautiful lakes, Longponga - the first lake and Taujun - the second lake. We also come across an ancient cave called Nilbuk along the trail. We reach on the shore of Dudhpokhari, the third of five lakes in the region, to stay overnight. Overnight at a lodge.
- Day 09: Gokyo Ri Hiking (5,357m), Lodge
Making Dudhpokhari our base, we are going to hike up to a fabulous view point called Gokyo Ri today. It's challenging yet equally rewarding hike to the Ri. Although the hiking part is pretty much challenging, we feel a great relief and joy when we reach the top. Gokyo Ri provides a breathtaking view of the mountain peaks in the region including the 8,000 meters mountains - Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu and Makalu. Apart from the mountains, the peak also provides overwhelming views of the lakes, glacier and surrounding wonders.
Later, we descend to the lodge and spend leisurely time around the lake. We can explore more about and around the lake while we enjoy the magical charm that the place has. Overnight at a lodge.
- Day 10: Trek to Dole, Lodge
After the exceptionally beautiful exploration of Gokyo lakes and hiking to Gokyo Ri, it is now time to return back with the incredible mountain memory to cherish. We retrace the trail back down towards Dole today. As we advance towards the destination walking past Machhermo, we get the chance to explore and observe the area from a different angle. Looking at the mountains and the landscapes from the opposite angle than we did earlier gives a different perspective of the mountains.
- Day 11: Trek to Namche Bazaar, Lodge
It is another day of observing the mountain wonders in between Dole to Namche from an opposite direction than we did on the way up towards Gokyo. We explore and traverse the trail to reach Namche bazar for overnight stay.
- Day 12: Trek to Lukla (2,860m), Lodge
The final day of this trek is eventually here today. We walk back to Lukla via Monjo and Phakding along the Dudh Koshi River. A round trip on the Three High Pass Trekking trail comes to end here. We celebrate the end of the trekking part of the journey and thank our wonderfully amazing supporting crew members for their service and effort to take us to the base camp and back safely. Overnight at a lodge.
- Day 13: Fly to Kathmandu (1,400m), Check in Hotel
We get ready for the flight back to Kathmandu. We board the plane at Lukla airstrip and fly back to Kathmandu. Once we land in Kathmandu airport, we go to hotel and spend the whole day at leisure on our own. Finding relieving massage, good food, souvenir shopping, and wandering around can keep you busy for the day. A farewell dinner is scheduled for this evening. We will let you know the departure time for dinner once we reach Kathmandu.
- Day 14: Free (Contingency) Day in Kathmandu, Hotel
This is an additional day in the itinerary to compensate any possible delays on the trekking or cancellation of the flights. We extremely recommend that you have at least 2 extra days after the itinerary days so to maintain any possible delays or cancellation of the flight. If everything goes without any problem, you can utilize those extra days doing some other activities.
- Day 15: Departure Day
The final day of the trip, we drive you to airport for your scheduled flight homebound or other destination. We will pick you up 3 hours prior to your flight schedule.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customizetripomized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Gokyo Lakes Trek Cost Includes
- Airport Pick and Drop in Kathmandu by Private vehicle.
- Welcome and Farewell dinner with cultural program.
- 4 Nights Tourist Standard Hotel Accmmodation in Kathmandu with B/B basis.
- Half day guided city tour with entrance permit.
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Bhandar by Local Bus, Flight Ticket form Lukla to Kathmandu with airport TAX.
- Standard Lodge Accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis during the trek.
- Full Board Meals (3 Meals a day) while on the trek.
- Trekking Permit and Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees.
- Professional & highly expertise government licensed holder Trekking Guide.
- 2:1 Porters to carry luggages.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary trekking gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Friends Adventure Team's Sleeping Bag, Walking Poles and Duffel Bag, to be return after trip completed.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Arrangement of all rescue and evacuation promptly, in Worst Condition
- Group Trekking Gears.
- Trekking Map, Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
Gokyo Lakes Trek Cost Excludes
- Meals in Kathmandu.
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Gratuities to guide, porters and driver (Not mandatory but expected as customizetripomary thank you for the service).
- Any other item not included in "Cost Includes" Section.
Gokyo Lakes Trek Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2018/2019
Gokyo Lakes & Gokyo RI Trek Cost Facts
- The above trekking Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This trek can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The trek Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Trekking Cost also affect the number of guides and porters.
- For these reasons the same trek can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Gokyo Lakes Trek.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|March, 01, 2018 - March, 15, 2018||Guranteed||1,390.00||Inquiry|
|March, 18, 2018 - April, 02, 2018||Guranteed||1,390.00||Inquiry|
|April, 05, 2018 - April, 20, 2018||Guranteed||1,390.00||Inquiry|
|April, 22, 2018 - May, 07, 2018||Guranteed||1,390.00||Inquiry|
|May, 06, 2018 - May, 21, 2018||Guranteed||1,390.00||Inquiry|
|May, 25, 2018 - June, 09, 2018||Guranteed||1,390.00||Inquiry|
|September, 10, 2018 - September, 25, 2018||Guranteed||1,390.00||Inquiry|
|October, 08, 2018 - October, 23, 2018||Guranteed||1,390.00||Inquiry|
|October, 22, 2018 - November, 06, 2018||Guranteed||1,390.00||Inquiry|
|November, 04, 2018 - November, 19, 2018||Guranteed||1,390.00||Inquiry|
|November, 19, 2018 - December, 04, 2018||Guranteed||1,390.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Similar Everest Region Trek