Ascent of mount Chulu West and mount Chulu Central are best made from a base camp in a small valley north of Manang situated off the main trail to Thorong La pass 5416m. Indeed some of the best views of this peak can be had from that pass. North-West Ridge: Go beyond the hut following the yak pastures and walk up a ridge which leads into a hidden valley where it is possible to find a good site for base camp. From this camp, ascend steep scree slopes to a col 4,900 or 16,076 feet), on a subsidiary ridge that leads down from the main ridge. To the north of the col ascend snow slope for 200 meters to the base of a band of rock at an altitude of 5,100 meters and the site for a possible high camp.
Climb the rock band with some difficulty to the north-west shoulder of Chulu west (6,419) meters or 17,880 feet, where another camp can be established or alter-native a camp can be placed on a snow plateau above 5,530 meters or 18,143 feet. On the first ascent and several subsequent ascents rope was fixed on the rock band. From the plateau continue up the progressively narrowing ridge to the summit 6,250 meters /20,505 feet. Descend by the some route. Every season Monterosa Treks and expedition organized this expedition.
Chulu West Peak Climbing Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: International Arrival in Kathmandu and Transfer to Hotel(1,300m/4,264 ft).
- Day 02: Cultural Tours around KTM Valley, Expedition Preparation, Hotel.
- Day 03: Drive Kathmandu to Syange/Jagat (1100m/3608 ft).
- Day 04: Trek Syange/Jagat to Dharapani (1,960m/6,430ft).
- Day 05: Dharapani-Chame (2,710m/8,891ft).
- Day 06: Chame- Pisang (3,300m/10824ft).
- Day 07: Upper Pisang-Manang (3,500m/11,482ft).
- Day 08: Manang: Rest Day.
- Day 09: Manang to Leder (4200m/13,776ft).
- Day 10: Leder to Chulu West Base Camp (4900m/16,072ft).
- Day 11: Chulu West base camp to camp I (5100m/16,728ft).
- Day 12: Rest & Acclimatization at Camp I.
- Day 13: Camp I to Camp II (5,530m/18,143ft).
- Day 14: Summit Chulu West (6419m/21,055ft) and back to Camp.
- Day 15: Camp I to Leder Fedi.
- Day 16: Contingency Day, Rest Day.
- Day 17: Leder to Thorong Phedi (4450m/14,596ft).
- Day 18: Thorong Phedi - Thorong Pass (5416m/17,765ft) - Muktinath (3,800/12,467ft)-Jomsom (2,715m/8,910ft).
- Day 19: Jomsom to Pokhara by flight.
- Day 20: Drive back to Kathmandu.
- Day 21: Free Day/Rest Day in kathmandu.
- Day 22: Final Departuret.
All conditions stated in the above Itinerary are for the guests who prefer full package trip. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and can make Shorter and Longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guideline showing tentative night stops. Physical, Technical and Natural condition may change this above itineraries.
Chulu West Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Includes
- Welcome/Farewell dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Airport Pick and Drop in Kathmandu by Private vehicle.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit as listed in itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- Standard Lodge/Guest House accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis during the trek.
- Accommodation in Tented Camp while on Chulu West Peak Base Camp.
- Full Board Meals (3 Meals a day) while on the trek.
- Chulu West Peak Climbing permits and entrance fees for Annapurna Conservation Area (TIMS Card).
- All necessary camping equipments; Tent, Table & Chair for climbing expedition's crew's.
- Professional & highly expertise government licensed holder local Trekking/Climbing Guide.
- 2:1 Ratio porter carrying 30KG.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary trekking gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Friends Adventure Team's Sleeping Bag, Down Jacket, Walking Poles and Duffel Bag, to be return after trip completed.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Arrangement of all rescue and evacuation promptly, in Worst Condition
- Chulu West Peak Climbing Expedition group climbing gear, climbing rope, snow bars & carabineers etc.
- Trekking Map, Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
- Agency service charge.
Chulu West Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Excludes
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Any other item not included in "Cost Includes" Section.
Chulu West Peak Climbing Fixed Departures Spring/Autumn 2017/2018
Chulu West Peak Climbing Expedition Cost Facts
- The above Expedition Itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern. This Expedition can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- Cost & Departures Dates of Expedition will change according to your NEED, GROUP SIZE and TIME.
- The Expedition Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip.
- Price for reduced Expedition/Hiking activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The Expedition Cost also affect the number of Mountain Guides, Porters and Services.
- For these reasons the same Expedition can be HIGHER and LOWER Price.
- We offer you the best price guaranteed for Chulu West Peak Climbing Expedition.
|Departure Dates||Departure Availablity||Trip Cost||Inquiry|
|April, 15, 2017 - May, 07, 2017||Available||2,800.00||Inquiry|
|May, 20, 2017 - June, 11, 2017||Available||2,800.00||Inquiry|
|October, 10, 2017 - October, 30, 2017||Available||2,800.00||Inquiry|
|October, 22, 2017 - November, 13, 2017||Available||2,800.00||Inquiry|
Cant Find Suitable Departure? Let us know... We will Take you There....
Your holiday Your style
Have a big group? We can help.
Need additional ativities? We can help.
Low on budget? We can help.
Chulu West Peak Climbing Map
Similar Annapurna Region Climbing